During a recent trip to Boston, I was able to taste my sister-in-law's famous Blueberry Buckle, a New England favorite. This is a fun breakfast idea, reminiscent of coffee cake stuffed with delicious blueberries. This batter also makes fantastic muffins!
Blueberry Buckle
3/4 C white sugar
1/4 C shortening
1 egg
1/2 C milk
2 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 C fresh blueberries
1/2 C white sugar
1/3 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 C butter softened
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease one 8X8 pan.
2. Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, shortening and egg.
3. In a separate bowl mix together 2 C flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased pan.
4.To make topping: combine 1/2 C sugar, 1/3 C flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
5. Bake at 375° F for 25-30 minutes (but I find it takes closer to 40-45 minutes)





1 comment:
yeah how yum!!! i love blueberrys and a crumble top how amazing - I can't wait to try this and your Lazagna.
nice!
Post a Comment