Monday, October 27, 2008

Whole Wheat Austin Texas Pancakes


Delicious - Deborah's chef gave me the recipe after I fell in love with another pancake alternative to good ol' dads. I love this simple recipe. Enjoy - as this morning was extra special.





Mix First:
1 cup whole wheat
1/2 cup regular flour less 1/2 tsp. salt
1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. sugar
[add your own spice - I love to add ground cinnamon and nutmeg, just by shaking in)

Then Mix and add above:
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
3 T. oil (olive oil)
1 tsp. vanilla


makes aprox. 24 pancakes (I usually half)

We had these last year at the big gals sister's retreat in Austin Texas - I love them and I feel healthy eating my whole wheat I purchased from Whole Foods! Also for me it's nice to have an alternative to pre-made mix such as bisquick.

No comments: