Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Carmel Cookies

Try this yummy cookie recipe as a fun fall snack. They've got a cake-like texture, and taste similar to pumpkin bread. These cookies are very moist so don't stack them or they'll stick together.

Pumpkin Carmel Cookies
2 cups shortening
2 cups sugar
1 29 oz can pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cinnamon
3 - 4 cups flour ( I used all 4 cups)

Cream shortening and sugars together do no whip. mix pumpkin eggs, vanilla. Combine flour and dry ingredients. ( I lined the cookie sheets with parchment paper. - I also used the cookie scoop. The dough is very soft so don't freak out it doesn't spread too much so I got 12 per sheet) Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 42 cookies - Frost


Caramel Sauce Frosting (To die for!!)

3/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
2 cups brown sugar
2-6 cups powder sugar (I used 5 cups)
1 tablespoon vanilla

Boil butter, milk and brown sugar for 2 minutes. Let cool and add powder sugar

Enjoy!! These are so good.

No comments: