You may ask yourself - why all the big hype? Why is Heather so crazy about vanilla anyways - and why MEXICAN? Well, if you ask her there IS a big difference. I swear it makes homemade vanilla ice cream that much richer and more flavorful / cookies are better / and if you go and buy the real vs. imitation vanilla at your local grocery store there is a big difference in price.
I was able to bargain a pretty good price for this 16.6 Fl. Oz bottle [500 mL] that was produced in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico. They may add some other special ingredients too that I am not aware of other than the "water, alcohol, vanilla bean extractives" listed on the label - but I am a believer!
Contest Ends Monday February 16th 2009
hurry up and make your comment!





7 comments:
How fun! I'd like to use this wonderful stuff in baking of course, but it would also be cool to teach my kids about it. We are homeschoolers and we love to explore foods from other cultures.
Just found your blog the other day :)
I have always heard how yummy mexican vanilla is but have never had it.
I also just found your blog (newspaper article) but I will be following along from now on.
Brandon loves vanilla... He always puts extra in all of our recipes. So if mexican vanilla is better... We would LOVE to try it. I have been collecting some cute valentine goodies from magazines and will be making them soon. :)
Heather's right - Mexican vanilla makes everything taste so much better! I can't get enough of it!
I brought home mexican vanilla several years ago and you are right - it is amazing. Unfortunatly I have used all mine so I hope, I hope I win.
To start, I would make a wonderful Vanilla Creme Brulee". This is the perfect use for good vanilla. Next, I would make some homemade vanilla ice cream because, well you just can't be it.
Also on my list would be some wonderful bread pudding with not only vanilla in the custard but also a vanilla anglaise to serve over it - yum!
Of course, that is just for starters!
Heather you gave me some of the best vanilla right after we got married! It might be the same bottle I am just finishing up! What a great perk of a fun family trip, delicious local finds!
I am dying to try the mexican vanilla I've heard so much about. I LOVE vanilla and if mexican is better (as everyone says) how fabulous is that! I love desserts where you can taste the vanilla, especially cookies. It's a must in oatmeal and it adds a ton to the buttermilk syrup that is a Sunday favorite at our house.
Post a Comment