My mom was in the SL Tribune Wednesday March 4, 2009 for these fantastic cookies she requested from the Food Editor.
We are so excited to try them and wanted to pass them along!
LEMON ZUCCHINI COOKIES
Cookie:
1.5 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
1.5 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups zucchini, grated, drained and
squeezed dry
2 tsp. grated lemon rind (zest)
3.5 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cup chopped pecans
GLAZE:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. light corn syrup
15 pecan halves, for garnish

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly oil a baking sheet
Place all the cookie ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until ingredients are well combined and soft dough forms. Scoop the dough into balls the size of golf ball.
Place on a prepared sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup. When cookies have cooled slightly, spread glaze on top of each cookie. Top with a pecan half.
makes 3 dozen
Next time I'm at Market Street Grill I will snap a photo of these delicious cookies! - ACCOMPLISHED a photo Saturday March 7, 2009. I think the folks working there thought I was a little nuts, and my date already knows I'm photo crazy, but how cool to make your own and save $1.00 / piece! I am so thrilled to make these this week-
We are so excited to try them and wanted to pass them along!
LEMON ZUCCHINI COOKIES
Cookie:
1.5 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
1.5 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups zucchini, grated, drained and
squeezed dry
2 tsp. grated lemon rind (zest)
3.5 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cup chopped pecans
GLAZE:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. light corn syrup
15 pecan halves, for garnish
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly oil a baking sheet
Place all the cookie ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until ingredients are well combined and soft dough forms. Scoop the dough into balls the size of golf ball.
Place on a prepared sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup. When cookies have cooled slightly, spread glaze on top of each cookie. Top with a pecan half.
makes 3 dozen
Next time I'm at Market Street Grill I will snap a photo of these delicious cookies! - ACCOMPLISHED a photo Saturday March 7, 2009. I think the folks working there thought I was a little nuts, and my date already knows I'm photo crazy, but how cool to make your own and save $1.00 / piece! I am so thrilled to make these this week-





1 comment:
They look so delicious. I'm excited to try them. I love that your mom was able to get the recipe.
Post a Comment