Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Food-Friends-Family, in that order



Don't we love December and all the rich traditions. One of my traditions is a luncheon with all of my pals. I choose the Bambara this year as it's food is as delicious as it's colorful pallet, and rich flavors that blend so magically.
I was thinking about what traditions and food holidays does your family have? Good food does bring people together, and I was thinking that with out starting our cooking club I might not have met Angie, who was the gal from my cooking group that lined me up with my fiance.





December Wedding nearly here...
Thanks for all your friendship both inside and outside of the kitchen.
My Christmas Family food traditions:
Christmas Eve, green jello with pears and sprite, HoneyBaked Ham, Tossed Green Salad, Michele's homemade rolls, and typically peppermint ice cream over hot brownies, and hot fudge sauce for dessert.
My mom and I try and make candy of some sorts. Typically mints, or we make batches of cookies. I have on my goals for 2010 to have a cookie exchange party.
Christmas Day, Dad makes a big batch of his famous pancakes, and I have a tradition of making homemade orange rolls.
future: Want a formal Family Christmas Meal the Monday before Christmas where I use my china, fine linens, and it gives me an excuse to try cooking something like spare ribs / a turkey or other such meat that isn't typically one of my weekly staples.
Please share you traditions with me!!!

No comments: